Sunday, February 7, 2010

Overview

This Blog is for my Independent Study entitled Rhetoric of Adaptations of Art. In this independent study I will be researching famous artworks. At the end of the semester (for my final project) I will put all my findings together in a (large) research paper. In this paper/ what I plan to find in my research will include: the general information (i.e. Title, Artist, Date, Subject Matter, Style, and Significance), elaborating on any misconceptions about the piece; and the painting's use in popular culture.
Each week I will be posting my research/observations on this blog of 1 or 2 of the pieces I plan to research.
Artworks to be Researched (not in any particular order)
The Scream (Munch)
Mona Lisa (Da Vinci)
Last Supper (Da Vinci)
Sunday Afternoon in the Park (Seurat)
Luncheon on the Grass (Manet)
Starry Night (Van Gogh)

A PICASSO painting (TBD)

Giovanni and his Bride (Jan van Eyck)
American Gothic (Wood)
Persistence of Memory (Dali)
Sistine Chapel (Michaelangelo)


No comments:

Post a Comment